The goal of the Writers’ Community of Simcoe County (WCSC) is to function as a hub for individuals and groups of authors, poets, playwrights, screenwriters, technical writers, journalists, business writers, networkers, editors and supporters of the written word.
For payment we use PayPal. You don’t need to have a PayPal account – you can use your major credit cards, print off a receipt for your records and be assured of the security of a universally-recognized payment processing system.
For your annual $50 membership fee ($25 for Seniors) to the Writers Community of Simcoe County, you will receive:
- $6 off monthly WCSC meetings
- Discounts for WCSC-sponsored workshops
- Networking (meet other writers, editors, readers, publishers, and booksellers)
- Opportunities to promote your creative writing through reading events
- Opportunities to promote workshops that you offer on the WCSC website
- Regular updates on calls for submissions, contests, and news about the writing world
- Opportunities to promote your books at meetings and book-related events
- Access to a directory of writing groups/circles in the County
- Inclusion in a publicly accessible directory of members—you get to post an author photo, colour cover of your book, and a brief bio link back to your website
- A website badge/icon from WCSC for promoting your membership on your site/blog
Membership also gives you access to all of the other WC organizations in the collective: Haliburton, Simcoe County, Kawartha, Durham Region, WHEN (Mississauga).
Our meetings take place at The Leacock Museum, 50 Museum Drive, Orillia.
Please Note: Your membership is not activated until we have received payment.
Membership – Standard $50
Membership – Senior $25
If you need to make other arrangements for payment (by cheque or cash) please contact us through the contact form on the website.